About Me

My photo
The world is such a big dimension for a little fellow like me. A girl who's happiness happens to be just an acceptable member of such an immense cycle of life. Adventure is the best thing she could think of; but what's funny about her is that she's afraid of heights! Although, she tries her best to excel in everything she does. A simple girl with a big heart. Well, what could I say? That's me!!!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Write. . write. . and Write?


Writing is my undying passion. It's like a flame that flickers but still survives. (Don't give me that disapproving look. Give me a chance to defend my area first.) I love to scribble about life, humans, entities, phenomena and everything under the smiling face of the sun. I thought every wishful hearts can fill the paper. But – I was wrong.

Let's turn on the time machine and set it towards my early high school years. During that time, my love for writing “blossomed”. I will just get a pad and take down every words knocking inside my cranium. It was like a river. Ideas smoothly flowed. Poems and short stories were truthfully given birth. Unlike history books, mine was not that fruitful. Honestly speaking, I thought that I was doing good with that coercive passion; until I met new acquaintances appraising me that I'm just being conceited.

Thoughts like standing on the pedestal by writing on a school paper became my water loo. Third strike, the idea was still erroneous. Writing is an idea and idea is another thing. You can't be somebody by just a night.

Writing is the by product of reading. By reading, you learn something new and unusual. It is then in writing, wide readers who later turned out to be adept writers, express the combination of words they learn from unconventional paperbacks they comprehend. I had read quite a lot of written outputs. Throughout the digestion process, I was surprised to know that there are many scribblers around the world. They use diverse styles, techniques, themes and elements leading their hardcovers to its successful hit. The question is – how can I be like them?
.
Practice makes perfect. But how about reconsidering the concept and twisting it instead? There are some hopeful cases of people trying their best to excel in a certain expertise. It was a good cite of inspiration to ponder on but later it served as an evidence that – practicing often using wrong routines is still futile. I think it should be Good Practice makes perfect? Well, almost everybody knows it.

What I mean is that I'm still on my quest of becoming a good writer. I hate to reminisce failures that will just ruin my spirit. Up to this moment, I'm still hoping by writing. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment