About Me

My photo
The world is such a big dimension for a little fellow like me. A girl who's happiness happens to be just an acceptable member of such an immense cycle of life. Adventure is the best thing she could think of; but what's funny about her is that she's afraid of heights! Although, she tries her best to excel in everything she does. A simple girl with a big heart. Well, what could I say? That's me!!!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A WEEK FULL OF TRIALS

           This week is one of the most challenging weeks for me.  I’ve tried several efforts and end up missing. I was in a total disaster.
           The possibility of gaining my target is quite far. I think; I’m going to surrender.  I can’t hold it anymore. I’m afraid to say this but I feel that I’ll not be able to have my internship this semester.  A vacation which lasted more than a week helped me recuperate from the tedious activities I’ve been involved last semester. I never thought that this vacation will disillusion me later.  I can still remember my practicum coordinator reminding my batch to be alert enough to find companies for our internship for the second semester. I just nod my head as a sign of agreement.
         Days rashly slipped by as if being chased by multitudes of policemen; I was caught off-guard.  I was too over-confident that I missed to apply on the first week of the class. It is because I’m confident enough that I’ll be accepted in Company A. This company was also the company where my friends used to have their internship last semester. Unfortunately, lucky was not my best buddy; I was not accepted by Company A for there were too much interns. I was hurt. I never imagined that they will reject me.  Disappointment flooded my entire system.  
         My friend encouraged me to search for another prospect. I have no choice but to move on and continue my application.  I remember someone who was interviewed by my group during our thesis.  In the interview, he mentioned that he has a company that caters advertising.  After hours of ponder, I decided to try my remaining luck by applying. I contacted the number he had given to us during our research but unfortunately he changed his private number; that was the most discouraging part of my existence. I searched his company’s website and contacted the number posted and still nothing happened. I decided to look for another company instead.
          I applied to Company B and wish the best that I could. The front desk of company B told us that the company’s HR will just call us three days after. I don’t know what to do. I’m helpless. I know that they will not accept me for I’m a Mass Communication student. It is because Company B is all about marketing. I only applied on Company B for a personal relation task. I asked some of my classmates and found out that they've started their internship already. I’m planning to give up and search for something better. Until a classmate told me that he’s in the company of our interviewee. I couldn’t imagine myself during that time; I felt that a new door was opened for me. I asked for the number of the interviewee and contacted him. He told me to personally pass my resume anytime of the day. The next day, I went to the company full of hope and determination. Luckily, the interviewee and at the same time one of the owner of the company entertained me. W ithout a further due, he accepted me. I immediately started my internship. I was accepted at around 3:00 pm of Nov. 10, 2010.
       I went along with the production team heading to Ayala at 3:30 pm. I was so excited. We went there to record the event of BHW (Beauty Health and Wellness) in which will later be converted into an advertisement. I stayed there for three hours. The production team were also planning to go to Radisson Blue Hotel to record something. I wasn’t able to go with them because I wasn’t wearing formal attire for the event so I went home. 









1. Being overconfident in everything you do is quite shaky. Everyday is a great competition students like me should consider.
2. An internship is an avenue for students to internalize their endeavours and put them to realize. I promised myself that I’ll never underestimate a certain situation again. It’s better to      double check and produces better results than sit and relax without a great assurance of quality product.






No comments:

Post a Comment