About Me

My photo
The world is such a big dimension for a little fellow like me. A girl who's happiness happens to be just an acceptable member of such an immense cycle of life. Adventure is the best thing she could think of; but what's funny about her is that she's afraid of heights! Although, she tries her best to excel in everything she does. A simple girl with a big heart. Well, what could I say? That's me!!!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Last Rose Part 1

 




Tik-Tak-Tak!! It’s almost past 12’00 in the midnight, and still a sight of little silhouette keep moving on a flat wooden floor. The uneasy sound of an opening door blankets the silent night. With minute steps ran forward the moving figure.
It’s late.” a woman of 40’s broke the night.
Yeah, I know.” I sighed. The woman approached me and tapped my shoulder.
Forget about it.” the woman said. I said nothing and nodded. The woman got the lamp and lightens it. After which, she said goodnight and closed the door. Then the silence pervaded. The flickering light of the lamp gently sneaked my attention away from the window. The silence really wanted to kill me…I hate it…that silence…that something that I really ought not to feel with…I went to my bedroom, breathed and touched my pillow and decided to lay down my body and be relaxed. I closed my eyes and still fighting to get asleep. My mind keep on going, still playing, still moving, still blaming until it came to a huge shout.

Ahh!....”I angrily uttered one early morning. I looked at my watch and gasped. “Oh my, what the heck is happening? It’s still four in the morning, what the...”
Bogh!...I stopped and listened to the sound.
I’m tired of this.” a soft voice said as if talking to someone.
That’s why I want you to make her free.” a baritone voice comes after.
You don’t know what you’re talking about. She’s been my life you know it. I can’t afford to lose her. I can’t live without her; she’s so dear to me. Marie is my girl. And no one can take her away from me. I loved her!” the voice struggles to make a strong disposition.
But she’s not yours, you knew it before. Give her back or else...” the voice stopped and footsteps can be heard lightly until it vanishes away.
The latter argument made me puzzle and a little bit of confused. I know that there are several complicated topics that may not be as understandable for little folks like me. But still as a struggling youth, those sort of heart-to-heart talk or whatever talk it may be, really marked my young sensibility of understanding. Several minutes passed, thoughts of wonder wandered obviously until the dawn swallowed me.
A wonderful morning embraced me and reminded me of what had happened a few hours ago still a little anxious of the said event, I just decided to let it passed and have a brisk walk around our kitchen. I saw my mom preparing for our breakfast.
Good morning.” I greeted her.
Morning honey how’s our dream last night?” mom asked me.
It was just fine.” I simply answered.
Oh, honey, I know that those years that quickly passed were not able to mold you to be a strong rock. I can see you as an unpolished stone. I hope you are like a rock that can endure all the laborious and dangerous games of life. You’re so young to be left alone but maybe this will be the right time for you to find your own. I hate to say this but your dad wants to separate us. He is planning to send you abroad to study and let you settle there. I feel futile enough to be with you if I will go with his decision. He’s forcing me to give my consent which I will not give and will never do…” she stopped and walked.

(read Last Rose Part 2 for continuation...)

No comments:

Post a Comment