About Me

My photo
The world is such a big dimension for a little fellow like me. A girl who's happiness happens to be just an acceptable member of such an immense cycle of life. Adventure is the best thing she could think of; but what's funny about her is that she's afraid of heights! Although, she tries her best to excel in everything she does. A simple girl with a big heart. Well, what could I say? That's me!!!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Job Frustations!

Sometimes in your life you are given opportunities that you can't control; unfortunately these opportunities are great enough that you end up complaining. As a fresh graduate, I easily grabbed a certain chance that I thought was the best that I could have. When I got the task, it was then I realized that I was fooled.

According to those expert when it comes to work related issues, mostly inexperienced graduates (if not all) tried their best to be easily employed not thinking the possible shortcomings they may encounter during the “getting-to-know your job” period. There's no problem if you have been like a working or self-supporting student during your college years. But the bigger impact of this goes to individuals like me who simply depends on the monetary support of my parents and an aunt. When I went to college I have everything. I certainly don't appreciate the value of having money all the time I wanted it. I could buy anything I want. I could even pay my fees that easily without making any promissory note. I can still remember how my friends even room mates asked me about making this kind of appealing letter. I just simply tell them that I don't know.

Several years passed, here I am now counting the worth of a single cent. Working is not easy. You deal with your boss, clients and office mates. How I wish I can go back to school and have the company I am working pay for my fees instead. Is there any companies that let their employees work by just sending them to school and demanding them to have a good grades then? I don't think so, unless you need for a certain promotion or knowledge that will be useful for the company. It's a mutualism thing. You give me something ? I will give another thing that will be useful for you in return.

When I applied for a job I was thinking for the pay. I was exasperated learning that it would take months before I could possibly work. I had my vacation spent in my province where I tormentingly waited for the results of my buoyant strikes. Three weeks have had just passed when a call changed my life. I received a call from a company telling me that I am hired. I was dumb-founded. I don't know what to say. I was not expecting a certain thing like this. Fear conquered my mind. I was intimidated. Could I meet their expectations? What if I tell them that I am working already? What if I accept the offer? What will I do? Before the call, I have already sent my resumes to different companies. I even underwent two different interviews conducted by different companies. What if other companies call me and offer me better salary? In summary I have many “ifs”.

Working for the company who first gave me the ring was one of the few first decisions I had made throughout my life. I asked God for guidance that he may lead me to the right company. After that, I take the company's offer. As of this moment, I am one month employed and within this duration I was called by one company for a training, a Makati based company called me for an interview and another electric company drop a line so that I can take an exam. I unanimously turned down the offers.

I admit I'm not happy towards the company I am working today. It's not that the company is not good or what. It's just that I feel that I'm misplaced. I should have been somewhere. My office mates are kind and so my manager. They make it sure that I feel at home whenever I'm with them. It's not the environment I think its the work I do. I don't have any knowledge about it. My client who is a foreigner should be the one who will conduct the training. On my previous post, I have written about the worst encounter I have with him. Right now, I want to have a new client. I want a job that will let me prove my skills. I want to leave the company now but I can't. I will patiently wait for few months before I can let a smile illuminate my face.

I still hope for a different scenario now but It's impossible. I am still waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment